Looking for something special for your mother for Mother’s day celebration? Why don’t you try cooking a delicious and healthy meal for her. Today we will try to make this fish katsu, java rice, and coleslaw combo.
Here’s a 3-Combo Mother’s Day Special Meal:
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Sugar
1 tbsp. Calamansi Extract
900g Fish Fillet
1.5 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
3 cups Cooked Rice
4 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp. Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp. Annato Oil (or Annato Powder)
1.5 tbsp. Margarine
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
- Cut the cabbage into strips.
- In a bowl, just mix the mayonnaise, onion, sugar and calamansi extract. Season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs. Roll the fish into the all-purpose, dip in the beaten eggs and coat with panko bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Use paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Pour in about a tablespoon of annato oil in a pan, add the margarine and saute the garlic. (How to Make Annato Oil).
- Add the turmeric powder and stir.
- Add the cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Plate them and serve with love!
Note from Ren:
You can use other fish that you like for the katsu. For the coleslaw, you can either mix the dressing with the shredded cabbage or not.
For questions and suggestions, drop a comment below or email me or you can direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: