You can prepare a mouthwatering dish out of kangkong. This is not your typical adobong kangkong since we will be adding some bagoong and coconut milk. I grew up eating this kangkong recipe. I only used the stalks and used kangkong leaves in other dishes like sinigang. In the Visayas, we normally use gata or coconut milk to our dishes. And if you haven’t tried this yet, then you should.
Here’s how to cook Adobong Kangkong with Bagoong at Gata:
2 kg Kangkong (use stalks) (you can use the leaves for other recipes like sinigang)
1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
2 tbsp. Shrimp Paste (Bagoong)
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
4 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 stalk Green Onion (chopped)
1/2 inch sized Ginger (chopped)
1/2 cup Vinegar
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- Boil kangkong stalks in a pot of water with salt. Cook for about 20 minutes or until it softens. Drain water and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat some cooking oil. Saute onion, garlic, ginger and green onions.
- Add in the shrimp paste and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the cooked kangkong stalks. Give it a good stir. Then pour in the vinegar and soy sauce. Cover and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Pour in the coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the liquid starts to lessen.
Serve with some fried fish and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
This is one healthy yet delicious appetizer you can prepare. You can even add some fresh chilies for some spicy kick. Very easy and cheap dish to prepare.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Recipes to try: