Bam-i is one noodle recipe that you might want to try cooking at home. Though it is an original Cebuano recipe, many people love this dish because of its flavor combinations. Bam-i is very distinct because it used two different kinds of pancit, the pancit canton and sotanghon (vermicelli).
Here’s how to cook Bam-i:
400g Sotanghon (Vermicelli)
400g Pancit Canton
250g Shrimp (shelled)
3 pcs Chinese Sausage (diagonally cut)
1 pc Carrot (julienne)
100g Green Beans (diagonally cut)
1 medium-sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- Heat some oil in a pan, add in the carrots and green beans. Cook for about 5 minutes. Set them aside.
- On the same pot, add some more oil. Then saute onion and garlic. Then add in the Chinese Sausage, pork, chicken and shrimps. Cook for about 5 minutes. Then pour in around 3 cups of water.
- Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce. Cover and let it boil for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the sotanghon in a bowl of water to soften it a bit.
- After boiling the stock, add in the pancit canton and the soaked sotanghon. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the soup dries out and the canton is cooked.
- Lastly, add in the pan-fried vegetables. Give it a good mix.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
Growing up in Iloilo, bam-i is probably one of the most common pancit recipes you can find on every special occasion. So here it is, I’m sharing my own version of it.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos:
[…] Binakol Bam-i Recipe Chicken Feet […]