Banana Cue or Banana Q is probably one of the most loved street food in the Philippines. You can find lots of vendors selling this delicious and healthy snack probably in every corner of the country. Come to think of it, it’s very easy to prepare and you only need 3 ingredients to begin with.
Here’s how to cook Banana Cue (Banana Q):
8 pcs banana(saba)
1 liter cooking oil
2 cups brown sugar
roasted sesame seeds
1. In a Deepfry Pan, add pour in the cooking oil.
2. When little bubbles starts to form, pour in about a half cup of brown sugar.
3. Wait until sugar melts and starts to float.
4. Add in the bananas. (you can either put them whole or cut into halves)
5. Give it a good and continuous stir. You’ll see that the melted sugar starts to stick in.
6. Pour in the remaining brown sugar. Spread it out all over the pan.
7. Set your fire on medium. And do constant mixing and stirring until bananas are coated well.
8. Remove bananas from the pan and drizzle a good amount of roasted sesame seeds.
9. Serve them on sticks or on a plate.
Ready and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
I got these recipe and process from my mother. Normally people will put the bananas first. But as per my mentor, letting the sugar melts and floats first is a great idea. You’ll get a properly and well-sugar-coated banana cue.
If you have any questions, just drop me a message. I’ll be there to answer them!
Watch how to cook Banana Cue here: