Beef kaldereta is one good option if you are looking for a delicious main course during special occasions. It’s one popular beef recipe that every Filipino loves. The combination of all the ingredients makes beef kaldereta delicious and irrisistible.
It doesn’t really need too much process to begin with. And the ingredients are readily available in most grocery stores which makes it a great recipe idea on your next party at home.
Here’s how to cook Beef Kaldereta:
250g Beef mechado cuts
2 pcs potatoes (cut into cubes)
2 pcs carrots (cut into cubes)
250g tomato sauce
1 can green peas
3 pcs bell pepper (combination of green and red, sliced)
140g green olives
1 can liver spread
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
4 cloves of garlic
1 cup beef broth
1. Heat oil in the pan.
2. Saute garlic and onions.
3. Add in the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Pour in beef broth.
5. Drop in diced potatoes and carrots. Season with salt, pepper and oyster sauce.
6. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes until the beef becomes tender and potatoes and carrots become soft.
7. Add in the green olives and bell peppers. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
8. Pour in the tomato sauce, liver spread and green peas. Also add chili flakes and diced cheddar cheese. Simmer again for about 5 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
In a traditional kaldereta recipe, we need to use goat meat. But since it’s not something that we can easily get from the gorcery stores, beef is one great alternative.
Preparing and cooking beef kaldereta is not that hard as you think it is. The secret is about having the complete ingredients. Also, since you will be cooking beef cubes, in this case I choose to use the mechado cut, you will need to spend some time to get the meat to become tender. You can either buy a ready beef broth in a box or simply buy beef broth cubes and dissolve it in a hot water. I also added cheddar cheese cubes to make the sauce creamier.
If you have any questions or clarifications, please drop me a message.
Watch the video on how to cook the Beef Kaldereta recipe: