This a recipe request. Instead of using pork, we will be using beef as our main ingredient. Beef sisig isn’t the usual recipe you’ll see but it is worth a try. This would be a great idea for those who don’t eat pork. Try this beef version of sisig.
Here’s how to cook Beef Sisig:
Beef’s face, including the ears and snout.
200g beef flanks
200g chicken liver
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Clean the beef’s face, ears, snout and flanks properly.
2. In a large pot of water, add in the grated ginger, salt and pepper.
3. Boil them for about an hour.
4. Drain, cut into medium sizes and grill.Let cool.
5. Chop them into small pieces.
6. In a large pan, drizzle some oil.
7. Add in the white onions, and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes.
8. Add in the chicken liver. Cover for about 3 minutes.
9. Start mashing the liver.
10. Add in the the chopped beef. Give a good stir.
11. Add in the mayonnaise and the fresh chopped chilis.
12. Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Ready and Serve!
Top it with egg and slices of calamansi before serving.
*Great to serve it sizzling. Heat the sizzling pan with butter. Put the sisig and top it with egg.
Note from Delish:
Since one of my followers requested me this, I think it’s a good idea to make this version of sisig. And to think, it doesn’t really that hard to prepare. However, beef’s face, ears and snout may not be readily available in many supermarkets, you can go to your local wet markets.
If you have any questions about this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Beef Sisig here: