Beef steak, commonly called “bistek” is one of the most common beef recipe in the Philippines. There might be a lot of versions of beef steak, but this is the simplest. It doesn’t need too much ingredients and very easy to prepare. You just need to use the right kind of beef cut for easy cooking.
Here’s how to cook Beef Steak:
500g beef steak cut (thin cuts)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 big white onion (cut into rings)
6 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 medium sized red onion (chopped)
7 pcs calamansi (squeeze the juice)
1. Marinate the beef cuts. In a bowl, add in the beef, fresh calamansi juice, minced garlic, oyster sauce, salt and pepper. Then set aside for 30 mins. (or if you want overnight)
2. Heat the pan. Add some cooking oil. Fry the onion rings for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Then set aside.
3. On same pan, fry the marinated beef. Some water will come out from it. Fry on both side and until it turns a bit dry. Set Aside.
4. Heat oil on the pan again. Pour in garlic and red onions. Using red onions will make the beef taste even better.
5. Pour in the marinate mixture. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
5. Add back in the beef. Continuously flip them on each side until sauce drys out.
6. Add in the onion rings. Mix everything for about a minute.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This recipe I did was a bit different from the other bistek recipe. I want it a bit dry, not so saucy. I also used oyster sauce instead of soy sauce. It’s more tasty and delicious. I’d suggest that you really use the steak cut beef, it’s easier to prepare and faster to cook. You can also use lemon instead of calamansi.
If you have any questions, please drop me a message. I’d be happy to answer your questions.
Watch Beef Steak recipe here: