Bangus is probably one of the most typical fish that you can find in the market. It is even named as the country’s national fish. Then we will try to make this one delicious recipe – boneless bangus with soda. Adding the sweetness of soda will bring a whole new level of flavor to the bangus.
Here’s how to cook Boneless Bangus with Soda:
1-2 pcs. Boneless Bangus (depending on the size)
1 cup Soda (used 7 Up)
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Calamansi
3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
Fresh Chili (chopped)
Cornstarch (diluted in water)
- In a bowl add in the soda, soy sauce, calamansi, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Put in the bangus and marinate for about an hour or even overnight.
- Heat some cooking oil in a pan. Fry the marinated bangus on both sides until cooked.
- In the pan, pour in the marinade. Let it boil and gradually pour cornstarch diluted in water until the sauce thickens.
- Place the cooked bangus in a plate. Brush some sauce before serving. Serve with some pickled mangoes.
Note from Delish:
Since we Filipinos are fond of adding soda to some of our recipes, I just thought why not try adding soda to marinate the bangus. And it came out really good. If you know how to debone the bangus that’s fine, but if not, you can let the vendor do it for you.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us to our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: