Brazo de mercedes! Who doesn’t get excited when you know that you’re going to have it for dessert. This egg, condensed milk and sugar combination recipe is just delicious. I did a poll on our social media pages and Brazo de Mercedes got most of the votes. So, your wish is my command.
Here’s how to cook Brazo de Mercedes:
8 Eggs (separate white and yolk)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 can Jolly Condensada
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1. Prepare whites eggs in a bowl. Add the cream of tartar and beat slowly with an electric mixer. Once bubbles starts to appear, gradually add the sugar. While adding the sugar, increase the speed of the mixer until you achieve the right meringue texture. (see video for more details)
2. Grease the wax paper and place on the baking pan. Pour in the meringue and spread out evenly. Bake at 120°C for about 30-40 minutes until the top part turns brown. Set aside and let it cool down.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the egg yolks in a pan, beat and add the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Turn on the heat, set it to low and cook until it forms into custard.
4. Sprinkle some confectioners sugar on top of the baked meringue. Place another sheet of greased wax paper on top and another tray. Then turn it upside down and peel off the wax paper on top. (see video for more details)
5. Spread evenly the egg yolk custard on top. Then roll the meringue into a log. Keep refrigerated. Cut according to your desired thickness before serving.
Ready and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
Since Brazo de Mercedes won the poll, I’m preparing this for everyone who voted. It may look sophisticated and hard to make, but it isn’t. It’s time to add this to your dessert recipes.
If you have questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
You can also check out some Dessert Recipes:
Watch how to make Brazo de mercedes here: