Bukayo is one delicious and popular dessert in the country. Its main ingredient is young coconut meat strips and muscovado sugar. Several versions of bukayo are available. But this one is the easiest to make. Added fresh coconut water to make it even more tasty.
Here’s how to cook Bukayo:
2 cups Young Coconut Meat (strips)
1/2 cup Coconut Water (juice)
1 cup Muscovado
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp. Salt
1. Pour coconut water in a pan.
2. Add in the muscovado and brown sugar. Stir until melted.
3. Pour in the vanilla extract and salt.
4. Once the mixture starts to thickens, add the young coconut meat.
5. Cook until the sugar caramelized and the bukayo mixture thickens.
6. You can form the hot bukayo into disc or serve as it is. You can also top it on a cooked sticky rice.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
One of the Filipino’s popular coconut dessert, bukayo is something that you should know how to prepare at home. It’s definitely very easy to make. Some may add coconut milk to it or some peanuts. It all depends on you.
If you have any question about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to make Bukayo here: