One of the most requested soup thus far. Bulalo or beef shanks soup is definitely one popular dish in the country. With all its ingredients such as sweet corn, potatoes, bananas, cabbage, etc. This recipe is just delicious and packed with flavors. So if you are looking some delicious beef soup, try this bulalo recipe.
Here’s how to cook Bulalo:
3 pcs. Beef Shanks
1 Sweet Corn (cut into 1 inch long)
1 large sized White Onions
2 stalks Green Onions
1 pc. large sized Potatoes (cubed)
2 pcs. Bananas (saba) (cubed)
1 small sized Cabbage (cut into 4)
1 tbsp. Fish Sauce
1. Boil water in a pot. Put beef shanks. Cook for about 20 minutes. Open and remove floating scum and oil. Cover and cook for about 1 hour and half.
2. Add the sweet corn and onions. Then the peppercorns and fish sauce. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and bananas. Cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Season with salt. Add in the cabbage and pechay. Cover for two minutes.
5. Lastly, add the green onions. Cover for 5 minutes more.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I’ve received a lot of recipe requests to prepare bulalo. So, here’s my version of it. I added bananas and potatoes to add more flavors. But you might want to emit it if you want to.
If you have any questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Bulalo here:
[…] Bulalo […]
[…] Tapa with Soda Bulalo Beef […]