I bet you already missed this. Champorado paired with some dried fried fish may sound odd, but yes, champorado and dried fish taste good together. If your kids have been requesting you to prepare this ultimate Champorado, here’s how to make one at home.
Here’s how to cook Champorado:
1 cup Glutinous Rice
5 cups Water
1 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Evaporated Milk
5 pieces Tablea
1. Boil 5 cups of water in a large pot. Add washed glutinous rice. Let is cook for about 15 minutes.
2. Add the tablea. Stir until they completely melts.
3. Add the brown sugar. Cover and let it cook until the texture becomes starchy.
4. Pour in the evaporated milk. Simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Serve with fried dried fish. Pour some more evaporated milk on top before serving.
Note from Delish:
This is one of my favorite snack especially when I eat it with some fried “tabagak”. It’s like I couldn’t get enough of it. Some may use condensed milk, but since I want to cook with less sugar, I used evaporated milk. But you can always use condensed if you want to.
If you have any question about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Here’s how to cook champorado:[wpedon id=”1537″ align=”center”]