Craving for Chicken Ala King? Here’s an easy and yummy recipe you can prepare at home. It is very simple and cheaper to prepare. You just need a few ingredients. Chicken and mushrooms make a great combo on this recipe. Pairing chicken ala king with some toasted wheat bread will give you a complete carbo and protein that you need.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Ala King:
2 chicken breast fillet (cut into serving sizes)
2 cups of mushrooms (fresh or frozen or canned)
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose cream
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup mixed veggies (combination of peas, sweet corn and carrots)
2 bell peppers (red and green, cut into small cubes)
1/2 medium sized white onion
4 cloves garlic
1 cup chicken broth
green onions (to sprinkle when serving)
1. In sauce pan, heat some olive oil.
2. Add in the onions and garlic.
3. Pour in the chicken. Then the mushrooms.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
5. Heat the pan again. Melt the butter.
6. Pour in the flour. Mix thoroughly.
7. Add in the mixed veggies, then the bell peppers.Let cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add in the sauteed chicken and mushrooms.
9. Pour int the chicken broth. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
10. Pour in the milk and cream.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Remove from fire.
13. On a separate pan, heat a small amount of butter. Toast sliced wheat bread.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I received a request about preparing this dish. One local bakeshop here is known for their Ala king so I think this is worth a try. When you prepare this recipe at home, it’s almost an eat all you can scene. This is very simple and very easy to prepare. I used a dried mushrooms for this. That’s why it looks darker. When you prepare dried mushrooms. Just soak them in a hot a water for 10 minutes and it’s good to go. But you can always use the fresh or the canned ones.
If you have any questions about this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Chicken Ala King here:
You might also want to try: