Do you want to bring your chicken tinola to the next level? You might want to try Chicken Binakol. If you aren’t familiar with it, it is just chicken tinola with some young coconut juice and meat. Thus, making the soup a but sweeter than the regular tinola. It then gives a different flavor to your favorite soup.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Binakol:
1 whole Dressed Chicken (all parts cut)
1 large sized Unripe Papaya (peeled, diagonally cut)
2 large sized Young Coconut
1 stalk of Lemon Grass
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 inch sized Ginger (thin slices)
2 pcs Fresh Chilies
Fresh Chili Leaves
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pot, pan fry the chicken until lightly brown on both sides. Then them aside.
- On the same pan, saute onion, garlic, and ginger. Add in the pan-fried chicken. Mix and pour about 2 cups of water.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add in the unripe papaya. Cover and let it boil for about 10 minutes.
- Put in the lemongrass and fresh chilies. Cover and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the young coconut juice, then the coconut meat. Season with soy sauce. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the fresh chili leaves. let is cook for a minute.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is one of the favorite version of chicken tinola. It’s sweet and absolutely delicious.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos:
[…] Chicken Binakol Bam-i Recipe Chicken Feet Adobo […]
[…] Fried Chicken Chicken Binakol NO BAKE Baked […]