Chicken cordon bleu is a great chicken recipe. Chicken breasts, ham and cheese are rolled into one to create this amazing recipe. You can find many versions of this recipe everywhere. This one is chicken cordon bleu Filipino style. It doesn’t require baking.
This recipe does not require too much work. You probably have to put some effort to flatten/pound the chicken breasts in order to create a good sheet to roll them easy. The original recipe uses Swiss cheese, but you can also use cheddar cheese slices.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Cordon Bleu:
3 pcs chicken breasts
6 slices of cheddar cheese
3 slices of ham
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp paprika powder
1 cup of flour
1 cup of bread crumbs
1. Prepare the chicken breasts. You can use a knife to cut it thinner. Or you can also use a rolling pin or a meat mallet to flatten it out.
2. Place the chicken in a flat plate.
3. Brush some butter on the top and season with salt, pepper and paprika powder.
4. Lay a slice of ham and cheese. It’s up to you if you want to add more than one slice of cheese or ham.
5. Then tightly roll them. Use a toothpick to close or fasten both ends and to avoid the ham and the cheese to get lose.
6. In three separate bowls, prepare eggs, flour and bread crumbs. Season them with salt and pepper too. Slightly beat the egg.
7. Dip each roll on this order. Egg>flour>egg>bread crumbs
8. In a cooking pot, heat oil. Since we need to deep fry, make sure to put a good amount of cooking oil, enough to cover the entire roll of chicken. (Other option is to bake them)
9.Cook until they turn brown. Or around 5-7 minutes.
10. Slice into serving sizes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I got a request via Recipe Request to prepare Chicken Cordon Bleu. Specifically those who don’t have available oven at home. I just deep fried the roll to get that brown delicious result. Just make sure that the oil is in the right temperature, in a medium to high heat.
Normally, they would use a Swiss cheese. But I made the Filipino style which we only use Cheddar cheese. The most available cheese in the market.
If you have any question about this recipe, you can drop me a message. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Watch the Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe: