Chicken and gravy. Can you imagine how these two suit well together? Here’s a simple Chicken in Gravy Sauce recipe that you might want to add to your recipe list. Your family, especially the kids will definitely love this. It’s very simple to prepare and it will not take much of your time.
Here’s how to cook Chicken in Gravy Sauce:
8 pcs. Chicken Thighs
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Cayenne
2 tbsp. Melted Butter
2 tbsp. All-purpose Flour
1 cup Water
2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1. In a bowl, mix all the spices. Onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
2. Pat dry the chicken thighs. Sprinkle some good amount of spices on both sides of the chicken. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat the pan. Put all the chicken to brown both sides. Then slowly pour in the melted butter all over. Cover and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside the chicken.
4. On the same pan (with all the chicken oil and butter), sauté the garlic.
5. Pour the water in. Season with salt and pepper. Then add in the remaining spices.
6. Pour in the all-purpose flour to slightly thicken the gravy.
7. Add back in the chicken. Cover and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
Ready and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
I have received a lot of request to prepare easy yet delicious chicken dishes. And this is one of them. It may look and sound simple, but yes, it’s delicious. You can even add more spices according to your liking. If you have kids at home, then the simpler the better.
If you have any question about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Other Chicken recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Chicken in Gravy Sauce: