For some people chicken liver recipe can be considered exotic. Probably it’s exotic, but it’s absolutely delicious. Thus, this Chicken Liver Adobo is always a must try. The combination of all it’s ingredients will make you drool.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Liver Adobo:
1kg Chicken Liver
3/4 Cup Soy Sauce
3/4 Cup Vinegar
1/2 cup Cornstacrh
1 tsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp Peppercorns
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
Fresh Chili (cut)
- Put chicken liver in a bowl. Pour in 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup vinegar. Then add the cornstarch. Mix until livers are properly coated.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Pan fry the chicken livers on both sides until brown. Remove from pan, set aside.
- On the same pan, saute onion and garlic. Pour back in chicken liver.
- Pour the remaining vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaves, peppercorns, chilis and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is one Filipino recipe that you surely love. You can actually add more chilis if you want to. Also, I added a bit of sugar just to have a sweet flavor on it. But you can always omit that.
If you have any question or suggestion about the recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: