Chicken Lomi is one common soup recipe that you can order almost everywhere in the country. It’s a combination of lots and lots of ingredients creating a distinct delicious taste. There are different variation of this recipe. You can add pork, shrimp or even chicken balls to make it tastier.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Lomi:
200g egg noodles
250g chicken breast
200g chicken liver
1 small pack kikiam
12 pieces quail eggs
1 pc medium sized carrots (cut into strips)
50g cabbage (cut into strips)
1/2 cup chopped celery
6 cups of water
green onions (chopped for toppings)
2 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in water)
2 beaten eggs
1. In a cooking pot, heat some olive oil.
2. Drop in the onions first. Then the garlic. Saute for a minute.
3. Add in the chicken cuts, then the chicken liver.
4. Add a good amount of water. About 5-6 cups.Bring to boil for about 5 minutes. You can also use chicken stock if you have some.
5. Drop in the egg noodles.
6. Then pour in the cornstarch. Give a good stir.
7. Drop in the kikiam and the cooked quail eggs.
8. Season it with salt and pepper.
9. Pour in the beaten eggs. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
10. Add in the carrot, celery and cabbage.
11. Cover for a minute.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
If you are planning to prepare for some delicious soup for your big family, Chicken Lomi is one of your best options.It is very easy to prepare but still very delicious. Instead of ordering for a take out from your favorite restaurant. You can cook it at home.
If you have a question, please drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Chicken Lomi: