Chicken menudo is obviously the chicken version of the popular pork menudo. It’s definitely very easy and one delicious dish to prepare at home. It works perfectly for those who don’t eat pork. It’s time for you to know how to cook this at home.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Menudo:
1/2 kg Chicken (breasts or any part you like)
4 Hotdogs (cut into small cubes)
4 Bell Peppers (red and green) (cut into squares)
1 Carrot (cubed)
2 Potatoes (cubed)
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 cup Tomato Sauce
- Heat a bit of oil in a pan, pan fry the hotdogs for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Set them aside.
- On the same pan, pour in the bell peppers and pan fry for about 5 minutes. Set them aside.
- In a pot, add some cooking oil, saute garlic and onion. Then add the bay leaves.
- Add in the chicken. And saute for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add in the potatoes and the carrots. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the hotdogs and the bell peppers. Mix. Pour in the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Cover for another 5 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Some may add raisins to this dish, but since me personally is not a fan of raisins, I didn’t add it.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: