This is one Delish PH original. Especially the adding of hard-boiled egg yolk to the mixture. It’s definitely going to make your sotanghon more delicious. Plus the combination of mushrooms and chicken makes a whole lot of difference to the dish. This is not the usual sotanghon/vermicelli recipe you can cook at home.
Here’s how to cook Chicken and Mushrooms Sotanghon:
1 pc Chicken Breast (Boiled and shredded, chicken stock reserved)
1 can Jolly Mushrooms Pieces and Stems
200 g Goodlife Premium First Class Vermicelli (soaked in water)
4 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 pc small sized Carrots
6 pcs Green Beans
1 medium sized Red Onion
4 cloves Garlic
3 stalks Green Onions
1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
1. Heat canola oil in a pan. Saute onions and garlic.
2. Add in the shredded chicken and Jolly Mushrooms.
3. Pour in the chicken broth/stock. Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Add in the hard-boiled egg yolks. Crush and mix with the broth.
5. Add in the carrots and the green beans. Cover and let simmer for a minute or two.
6. Pour in the soaked Vermicelli. Give a good mix.
7. Lastly, add the hard-boiled egg whites and green onions. Mix in well for another minute.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I tried to be more innovative in the kitchen and I realized that adding hard-boiled egg yolks and mushroom to a sotanghon recipe is great. So I am sharing this Delish PH original recipe so you’d have something different to prepare at home.
If you have any questions, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Chicken and Mushrooms Sotanghon here:
[…] Chicken and Mushrooms Sotanghon […]