Check out this new version of chicken sotanghon soup that you definitely wanted to try at home. Since rainy season has begun, it’s always great to serve some delicious soup at home. This Chicken Sotanghon Sopas might be new to you, but it’s definitely worth a try.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Sotanghon Sopas:
4 pcs Chicken Hotdogs (cut into strips)
200g Chicken Breast Fillet (strips)
1 medium sized Carrot (julienned)
100g Green Beans (cut into smaller sizes)
100g Cabbage (strips)
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1.5 cup Evaporated Milk
- Prepare a good amount of water in a large bowl and soak the sotanghon until it softens and then drain water. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Pan fry the chicken hotdogs. Set them aside.
- On the same pan, add in the chicken. Let it cook for about 10 minutes and when it starts to dry out, sprinkle some cooking oil and pan fry until golden brown and a bit crisp. Set aside.
- In a pot, heat some oil and saute onion and garlic. Add in the carrots and the green beans. Then add in the pan fried hotdogs and chicken.
- Pour in a good amount of water, probably about 5 cups depending on the size of your pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let it boil.
- When it starts to boil, add in the soaked sotanghon. Then pour in the evaporated milk. Set to low heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the cabbage. Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I got this idea from one of my followers. I tried it and I find it delicious so I’m sharing it with everyone.
If you have any question about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: