What’s more delicious than a bowl of chicken sotanghon soup? Chicken Sotanghon Soup is such an easy and not so complicated soup dish to prepare. It will definitely keep you warm this rainy season.
Here’s how to make Chicken Sotanghon Soup:
500g Chicken (any meaty part you like)
2 cups Shredded Cabbage
2 small sized Carrots
2 stalks Celery
1 tbsp. Annatto (Atsuete) dissolved in water
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 medium sized red onion
3 cloves garlic
1. Prepare a good amount of water in a pot, put in the chicken and season with salt. Boil for about 25 minutes.
2. Make sure to remove the scum (the fats and dirt that floats)
3. Remove the chicken, set aside and let cool. Set aside the chicken stock too.
4. Put the sotanghon in a large bowl and add in a good amount of water to soak.
5. Start shredding the chicken using two forks.
6. In a large deep pan, heat some canola oil. Saute garlic and onions.
7. Add in the shredded chicken and pour in the chicken stock.
8. Pour in the annatto water, soy sauce and the carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Drop in the soaked sotanghon.
10. Add in the celery stalks, cabbage and green onions. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Here’s another soup recipe to try. Got several requests to prepare soups for this rainy season. Here’s one of the easiest that I can think that many of us will surely love.
If you have any questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to make Chicken Sotanghon Soup: