Here’s something different for you. Chicken steak. Yes, that’s right. You can make a delicious and mouth-watering steak with chicken. It is something unique and special that you can serve during important occasions. It’s very easy to prepare and cook. So you can do it even with your hectic lifestyle.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Steak:
500g Chicken Breast Fillet (sliced in 1/4 inch thick)
1 large sized White/Yellow Onions (sliced into rings)
1/2 cup Cane Vinegar (1/4 for the marinade, 1/4 for the sauce)
1/2 cup Soy Sauce (1/4 for the marinade, 1/4 for the sauce)
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Honey
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
Cornstarch (diluted in 1 tbsp. water)
1 tbsp. Butter
1. In a bowl, combine ingredients for the marinade. Vinegar, soy sauce, lemon extract, garlic powder, chili powder, season with salt and pepper.
2. Marinate the chicken for about an hour.
3. Heat a grill pan or a fry pan. Drizzle some oil.
4. Fry/grill the marinated chicken until brown on both sides.
5. In a pan, melt the butter. Then drop in the onion rings. Cook until turns golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. On the same pan, pour in the marinade.
7. Pour in the chicken stock. Add the remaining vinegar and soy sauce. Add some honey.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Pour in the cornstarch diluted in water. Stir until you get the right consistency of the sauce.
10. Place the chicken in a serving plate, top with some buttered onion rings and pour some sauce.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Some people don’t eat pork, some don’t eat beef, so I think, what about chicken steak. I made this and I find it delicious. So I’m sharing this with you.
Some ideas: Instead of lemon, you can use calamansi. Marinating the chicken overnight will make it even tastier.
If you some questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Chicken Steak here: