One chicken recipe that you might want to try cooking for your family. Not much ingredients and process. If you have limited budget or you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen, Chicken Teriyaki is great recipe to consider. The combination of soy sauce and sugar will keep you wanting more.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Teriyaki:
500g Chicken Thighs Fillet
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 1/2 tbsp. Roasted Sesame Seeds
1 tsp. Rice Wine/Mirin
half thumb sized Ginger (diced)
1 Garlic Clove (diced)
1. In a bowl, put the chicken in. Add in the all-purpose flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix in to coat the chicken.
2. In a pan, add some olive oil. Fry the chicken until brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. On the same pan, pour in the soy sauce, brown sugar and rice wine. When it starts to simmer, add the ginger and the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add back in the chicken. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Then finally sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds.
5. Top with some chopped green onions before serving.
Note from Delish:
Teriyaki is a Japanese dish but it had evolved into many versions. This chicken teriyaki for instance is one innovative version of teriyaki recipe. Some will just marinate the chicken and drop them in a pan and bam!
But I want to give texture and volume to the chicken that’s why I coated them with all-purpose flour.
If you also wanted to get your own kitchen cookware, go here:
If you have any question, please drop a comment below or send me an email.
Other Chicken Recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Chicken Teriyaki here: