If you are one of those people who love adding chili garlic sauce to whatever food you’re preparing, then this recipe is for you. You might wondering how your favorite siomai vendor does it. Thing is, it’s very easy and it would only take minutes to prepare. You can either use dried chili flakes or use fresh chilies and just drop them in a blender. This recipe, we will be using chili flakes.
Here’s how to make Chili Garlic Sauce:
3/4 cup Chili Flakes
1/2 cup Garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Atsuete Seeds
1 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 medium sized Onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp. Sugar
- Prepare the anato/atsuete oil by heating the vegetable oil in a pan. Add in the atsuete seeds. Cook for about 10 minutes. Strain the seeds. Set aside.
- On the same pan, add a small amount of vegetable oil. Saute garlic and onion.
- Pour in the anato oil. Then the chili flakes.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Let it cook for about 15 minutes in a very low heat.
- Let it cool before storing in a bottle.
Note from Delish:
Several people messaged me requesting to prepare this popular chili garlic sauce recipe. Here’s my version of it. Instead of using fresh chilis. I just used chili flakes.
If you have any question about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch how to make Chili Garlic Sauce here:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos:
I want ro use fresh chili ….. how muxh fresh cjhili peppers should I use and how long can I store it in the fridge. Thank you
[…] this Chili Garlic Shrimp recipe is sure a hit. Since the last time Delish PH featured how to make homemade chili garlic sauce, decided to make one recipe where you can use it best. Make sure to check out that recipe before […]
[…] can prepare. You can also make your own chili garlic sauce instead of buying the botttled one. See Delish PH homemade Chili Garlic Sauce […]