We can’t deny it, chili garlic and shrimp absolutely go along well together. So this Chili Garlic Shrimp recipe is sure a hit. Since the last time Delish PH featured how to make homemade chili garlic sauce, decided to make one recipe where you can use it best. Make sure to check out that recipe before you get started.
Here’s how to cook Chili Garlic Shrimp:
1 kg Shrimps
4 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 inch Ginger (chopped)
Chili Garlic Sauce (quantity is all up to you)
3/4 cup Soda (sprite or 7up)
1 tbsp. Butter
1 tbsp. Calamansi Juice
- Clean the shrimps. Shells on. (although some may peel off the shell).
- Using a kitchen shears, cut off the legs, claws, antennae and the rostrum (the hard pointe part on its head).
- Then from the bottom of it’s head, slowly cut through the tail creating a slit. On that back ridge, you need to pull out the dark vein.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Saute garlic and ginger. Add in the shrimps.
- Pour in the soda. Cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the calamansi juice and the chili garlic sauce. Mix and cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!
Notes from Delish:
This can also be a great “pulutan” recipe. But it absolutely works perfectly with one plate of hot rice. You can check out my homemade chili garlic sauce of you want to learn how to make it at home instead of buying the bottled one.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Chili Garlic Shrimp here:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: