If you are looking for some perfect “baon” recipe for your kids, this version of “Corny” Burger Steak is your perfect option. This is something new. Adding some sweet, crunchy corn will bring your regular burger steak to the next level.
Here’s how to cook “Corny” Burger Steak:
500g ground beef
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 cup all purpose flour (1/2 for the patties, 1/2 for the sauce)
1 medium sized white onion (grated)
150g Jolly Mushrooms (pieces & stems)
400g Jolly Whole Corn kernels
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, flour, egg, grated white onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. Mix well.
3. Form them into patties.
4. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan. Fry the patties without using oil.
5. Remove excess oil using a paper towel.
1. Melt some butter in a heated pan.
2. Pour in the flour, stir well.
3. Add in the mushrooms. Simmer for about a minute.
4. Pour in the beef stock. Simmer for two minutes.
5. Pour in the milk. Then the corn kernels.
6. Season it garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from fire.
Note from Delish:
It’s June, and kids are going back to school. In order to help all the parents out there, I will be preparing some easy, delicious recipes that they can prepare for the kids. I’ll call it “baon series”. Giving you some great baon recipes.
If you have any questions about this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop me a message.
Watch how to cook “Corny” Burger Steak here: