This is not the usual Chicken Afritada that you know. Creamy Chicken Afritada is yummier and tastier. Adding a bit of all purpose cream will definitely make a difference. If you love chicken afritada, you can try this very easy recipe.
Here’s how to cook Creamy Chicken Afritada:
500g chicken, or at least 6 pcs chicken legs (you can use any chicken part)
2 medium sized potatoes (peeled and cut)
2 medium sized carrots (peeled and cut)
300g green peas (or 2 small cans)
3 pcs red bell peppers
1 cup all purpose cream
2 cups tomato paste
1 tbsp. soy sauce
4 cloves of garlic
1 large sized onions
3 medium sized tomatoes
1 and 1/2 chicken broth or chicken cubes
3 bay leaves
1. Heat some olive oil in the pan. Fry the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Make sure that you cut slits in the chicken. When it turns brown. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat some oil, saute onion, garlic and tomatoes.
3. Add in the potatoes and carrots. Stir a bit.
4. Pour in chicken broth or (water + chicken cubes)
5. Pour in the cream.
6. Add the soy sauce, bay leaves and tomato paste. Simmer for a minute.
7. Add in the chicken. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
8. Add the green peas and bell peppers.
9. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I receieve a request for me to prepare Afritada. And since I always wanted to cook something different from the usual, I created a twist by adding all purpose cream. The result is awesome!
If you have any questions about the recipe, please drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Creamy Chicken Afritada: