This is a great recipe, perfect for any occasion. The combination of red and white sauce makes the pasts creamier and tastier. It’s even cheaper because you don’t need too much ingredients. This will be something that your family will love.
Here’s how to cook Creamy Pasta in Red and White Sauce:
400g penne pasta
200g mushrooms (in can)
300g full cream
400g tomato sauce
150g tomato paste
1 huge white onion
4 medium sized tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
pinch of dried thyme
1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
1/2 cup grated cheese
1. Prepare the pasta. Boiled some water in a pot. Drop in a tsp of salt.
2. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and Set aside.
3. In a pan, melt the butter. Pour in the cream and mix well. Then set aside.
4. In a saucepan, heat olive oil.
5. Add in the white onions. And cook until it becomes translucent.
6. Add the garlic and tomatoes. Let cook for 2 minutes.
7. Then add the mushrooms.
8. Pour in the tomato sauce and the tomato paste.
9. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 3 minutes.
10. Combine in the creamy white sauce. Mix well.
11. Pour in the cooked pasta. Add the chopped parsley and grated cheese.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
If you are looking for a perfect pasta recipe to prepare this Christmas. This is one great option you can try. You can even add some more ingredients if you want to. Just use the same white and read sauce for a creamier result.
If you have any question, don’t forget to drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Creamy Pasta in Red and White Sauce: