Craving for your favorite crispy pata? Well, it’s time to learn how to cook one at home. This can be the star of any special occasion for you and your family. Crispy pata is certainly not a complicated pork recipe to make. It would take a few steps, like freezing the pork overnight, but it’s worth the wait.
Here’s how to cook Crispy Pata:
1 whole Pork Pata
1/2 cup Vinegar
1 medium sized Red Onion (quartered)
3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp. Peppercorns
1 tbsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Sugar
3 cloves Garlic
1 medium sized Onion
- In a pot pour a good amount of water. Add in the salt, garlic, onion, bay leaves, peppercorns, sugar and vinegar. Let it boil. Put in the pork pata. Cook for about 1-2 hours. Set aside in a rack letting all the liquid to drip. Let it cool.
- Rub a good amount of salt and garlic powder all over the pork.
- Cover with a cling wrap and freeze overnight.
- The next day, prepare a good amount of oil in a deep fryer. Deep fry the pork pata until golden brown and crispy.
- For the dip. In a bowl, combined in chopped garlic, onion and fresh chilies. Pour in some vinegar and soy sauce. Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Ren:
It’s time to learn your ultimate crispy pata. Just make sure to eat in moderation. If you have a great dip suggestion, you can comment below.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, please send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: