Here’s one Holy Week fried rice special. Since you can’t eat pork or meat, this is the answer. We will be using dried squid strips, anchovies and dried small shrimps to add all depths of flavors to your favorite fried rice. It’s time to learn something new.
Here’s how to cook Dried Seafood Garlic Fried Rice:
4 cups Cooked Rice
1/2 cup Dried Squid Strips
1/2 cup Dried Dilis (anchovies)
1/2 cup Dried Small Shrimps
200g Mixed Veggies (frozen, mixture of peas, corn and carrots)
1 bulb Garlic (finely minced)
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
- Add some oil in a pan, in a low heat roast the garlic until it becomes light brown. Turn off the fire and let the remaining heat cook the garlic into golden brown. Set it aside.
- In a different pan, add some oil. Fry the dried squid strips first, then the dried dilis. Set them aside.
- On the same pan, add some more oil if needed, then saute the onion. Then add in the dried small shrimps. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Then add in the mixed veggies. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, give it a good mixing. Then add in the roasted garlic. And then add the fried dried squid strips and dried dilis. Season with salt and pepper.
- Create a well (hole) at the center of the pan. Pour in the eggs and cook. Once the eggs start to cook, mix it evenly with the rest of the ingredients. Give it a final mix.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
This is one of my favorite garlic fried rice. Since we have a lot of dried seafood available in Iloilo, it’s never hard to make this at home. We will also be adding some mixed veggies to add more color to the dish and make it even more enticing.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us to our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: