This is the best dynamite recipe that you can eat. Nope, not the “real” dynamite. This is a great appetizer with some hot chili pepper kick. This is one of the best “pulutan” in the country. It is best paired with a glass of an iced cold beer. The combination of ground beef, cheese and chili peppers makes this recipe great.
This is how to cook Dynamite (Chili Cheese Sticks):
1/2kl ground beef
1 pc. medium sized carrot (grated)
cheddar cheese (cut into sticks)
20 pcs. large sized chili peppers
fresh lumpia wrapper
1 medium sized onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp. Oyster Sauce
1. Heat a pan.
2. Add some olive oil.
3. Saute garlic and onion.
4. Add in the ground beef. Stir for a couple of minutes.
5. Add in the grated carrots.
6. Season with oyster sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper.
7. Let cook for 5 minutes.
8. Set aside using a strainer to remove excess oil.
Prepping chili peppers:
1. Cut the tip, and slit chili pepper to remove the seeds.
2. You can use a gloves to protect your hands from spice and get that burning feeling while handling the peppers.
Filling and Wrapping:
1. Place a sheet of lumpia wrapper. Put in the chili pepper, fill it with the cooked beef.
2. Top it with a stick of cheese.
3. Roll and wrap. You can use water seal.
4. Heat a good amount of oil in a pot for deep frying. Fry until brown.
You can use any dip of your choice.
But a combination of vinegar, calamansi, green onions, chopped chili pepper and salt would make a great dip.
Note from Delish:
This is one of the favorite appetizer and pulutan. It’s very easy to prepare, mouth watering and gives your mouth that hot spicy kick. And the melting cheese makes it even more tasty.
You can drop me a message anytime if you have any questions. I’d be glad to answer them.
Watch video to know how to cook Dynamite (Chili Cheese Sticks):