We Filipinos are so good in making our own version of dishes. This Easy Filipino Style Carbonara is one of them. It doesn’t require too many ingredients and processes to get it done. One secret to making a delicious carbonara is to use bacon.
Here’s how to cook Easy Filipino Style Carbonara:
500g Spaghetti Pasta
3 cups All-purpose Cream
1.5 Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup Cheese
1 cup Mushrooms (finely chopped)
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Heat a pan, pan fry the bacone until brown and crispy. Set aside, let it cool and chopped into smaller bits. Set aside some for toppings.
- Boil a pot of water with salt. Cook the spaghetti according to packaging instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a big pan, melt the butter and saute onion and garlic.
- Add in the mushrooms and thee chopped cooked bacon. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the evaporated milk. Season with salt and pepper. Then pour in the all-purpose cream. Let it simmer in a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta. Mix. Then lastly, add in the cheese. Mix.
Serve with some fried bacons bits.
Note from Delish:
This is such a delicious recipe that you can try at home especially during special occasions. Though it’s easy to cook, it’s absolutely delicious.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Pasta recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: