If you are craving for carbonara, you might want to consider this Easy Luncheon Meat Carbonara recipe. This is not the usual carbonara that you’d tasted. And it is very easy, less expensive option. Using your favorite luncheon meat, you can create this yummy carbonara that your family, especially the kids.
Here’s how to cook Easy Luncheon Meat Carbonara:
200g ground beef
1 large sized white onion
3 cloves garlic
1 cup evap milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cups water
1 can luncheon meat (of your choice)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
grated cheddar cheese
1. Boil a good amount of water with salt in a pot. Cook linguine until al dente or follow the packaging instruction. Set aside and drain.
2. Heat a large pan, add in the ground beef first. Make sure to do constant stirring to avoid lumps to form. Do it for about 3 minutes.
3. Then put all the beef on one side and add in the butter on the other side.
4. Add in the white onions. Mix everything well until the onion becomes translucent.
5. Then add in the garlic, then the mushrooms.
6. Then add in the luncheon meat cubes.
7. Pour in the water, cover and let simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Pour in the milk and the cream. Without covering, let it simmer for about 2 minutes
9. Season with salt and pepper. Then add in the chopped parsley.
10. Put in the cook linguine. Mixed everything well.
11. To finish up, add in grated cheddar cheese. When serving, top it with grated cheese, chopped luncheon mean and parsley.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I got tons of messages requesting me to prepare Filipino style or a different and easy version
of carbonara. This is what I prepared. I know kids will like this especially if they love to eat luncheon meat. It is very easy, cheaper and probably less fatty version.
When it comes to the amount of cheese, cream and luncheon meat. You can add more if you want. I just put in some measurement as a guide. But you can still make it meatier or cheesier if you want to.
If you have any questions about this recipe, please drop me a message or post a comment below. I surely answer them in the soonest possible time.
Watch how to cook Easy Luncheon Meat Carbonara here: