If you love pancit canton and chicken barbeque at the same time, this is the best baon idea you can try. It doesn’t take so much time to prepare. For the marination process, you can do it at night, then you can have you chicken barbeque in the morning. Substituting rice with pancit canton is something different that your kids will love.
Here’s how to cook Easy Pancit Canton with Chicken Barbeque:
200g Good Life Egg Noodles
2 pcs chicken paa (thigh part)
1 cup shredded chicken
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 banana ketchup
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 medium sized onion
2 cloves of garlic
1. Marinate the chicken. In a bowl, combine in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, ketchup and garlic powder. Coat the chicken well. Marinate overnight.
2. In a large pan, heat some oil. Saute garlic and onions.
3. Add in the shredded chicken and sliced carrots.
4. Pout in about 2 cups of chicken stock. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Add in the egg noodles. Give it a good stir.
6. Cover for about 5 minutes.
7. Add in the shredded cabbage and chopped green onions.
8. Give one last stir. And all set.
9. Heat the grill pan. Grill the marinated chicken on both side until cooked.
10. For the plating, top pancit canton with sliced chicken barbque. Garnish with buttered snow peas (chicharo).
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I was looking for a different baon idea, and I realize how kids love pancit canton and chicken barbeque. Why not have both for their packed lunch? This will be a no-rice lunch, but it’s worth a try.
If you have questions about this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop me a message or comment below. I’d be glad to answer them.
Watch how to cook Easy Pancit Canton with Chicken Barbeque here: