Looking for some delicious and healthy snacks for your family? You definitely want this turon recipe a try. Turon is one popular snack in the country. Very easy since you’ll only need few ingredients to get it done.
Here’s how to cook turon:
6 pcs Banana (saba) (cut into strips)
3/4 cups Brown Sugar
Cooking Oil (3 cups)
- Peel and cut the bananas into strips.
- Lay the lumpia wrapper in the board, put about 3 strips of banana right at the bottom part. Sprinkle some brown sugar.
- Then roll the up while flipping the sides to seal. Use water to seal the ends.
- Heat the cooking oil. Pour in 1/2 cup of brown sugar. When the sugar starts to turn dark brown and floats, it’s time to drop the turon one by one.
- Fry until turon turns brown and caramelized sugar starts to stick.
Serve with some maple syrup! Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
Some may add ripe jackfruit to turon. And that works perfectly too. This version is just plain and simple turon but still delicious.
If you have any question or suggestion about the recipe, drop a comment below or send us an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Banana Turon here:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: