Ensaladang Talong or eggplant salad is such a mouth-watering, delicious and healthy appetizer that you can make at home. It is very easy to make, it would only take minutes to prepare. It can be a perfect pair for fried or grilled fish and meat.
Here’s how to make Ensaladang Talong:
6 pcs Eggplant (Talong)
4 pcs Tomatoes (strips, seeds removed)
2 pcs medium-sized Onions (strips)
3 pcs Chilies (chopped)
1 cup Vinegar
1 tbsp. Sugar
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- Prepare all the ingredients. Remove tomatoes seeds and slice into strips, same with onions and chilies.
- Using a knife or a fork, put holes on the eggplants.
- Grill the eggplants until soft and cooked.
- Peel off the skin and mash.
- To the eggplants, add in the tomatoes, onions, chilies, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Serve with some fried or grilled fish.
Note from Ren:
This is one native appetizer that you definitely love. With my version, I added soy sauce and sugar just to give it the salty and sweet flavor.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this recipe, drop your comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.