Fish cardillo is an easy fish recipe that you can prepare at home. It is often mistaken as sarciado. The only difference however is that cardillo has beaten eggs on it. It’s very easy to prepare and will definitely not take much of your time. Not to forget that it’s one healthy fish recipe.
Here’s how to cook Fish Cardillo:
1 whole Fish (For this one I use Maya-Maya)
2 Eggs (beaten)
6 medium sized Tomatoes (sliced)
1 medium sized Onion
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 thumb sized Ginger
1 tbsp. Fish Sauce
1. Properly clean the fish. Remove scales and gills. Create slits on each side of the fish. Rub some salt and set it aside for few minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat some canola oil in a pan. Fry the fish until brown and crispy on both sides. Set aside and use paper towel to remove some excess oil.
3. Remove some oil in the pan and leave enough amount to sauté. Sauté onion, garlic and ginger. Add in the tomatoes. Pour about 3/4 cups of water and the fish sauce. Let it simmer until the tomatoes become soft.
4. Add back in the fried fish.
5. Pour in the beaten eggs. Let it cook for about 3 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Since I was able to get fresh maya-maya fish from my hometown, I decided to prepare this cardillo recipe. I remember my mother preparing this at home. So it’s time for me to share my own version of it. For those who are still confused cardillo are sarciado, cardillo has eggs and sarciado doesn’t.
If you also wanted to get your own kitchen cookware, go here:
If you have any question, please drop a comment below or send me an email.
Other Fish Recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Fish Cardillo here: