There are many ways to prepare and cook a yellow fin tuna (panit) fish. One is this healthy and delicious fried paksiw recipe. Paksiw, pinamalhan or whatever it is called is a very common home recipe that we all love. But do you know that frying it will make it even more enticing?
This would also work for leftovers. You can use this recipe to create another delicious recipe for your family.
Here’s how to cook Fried Paksiw Fish:
1 whole medium sized yellow fin tuna (panit) (cleaned, cut and deboned)
1/2 cup tuba vinegar
3 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
1 onion (chopped)
1 tbsp of finely chopped ginger
1 stalk green onions (chopped)
1 tsp of honey
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1. Cut the fish into serving sizes.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the other ingredients.
3. Dip the fish one by one to evenly coat it with the mixture. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
4. Heat a pan. Add in the marinated fish, you can also put the remaining marinade mixture. Cover and let cook. Very similar when cooking fish paksiw.
5.Take out the fish out of the pan as soon as the sauce dries out.
6. Heat cooking oil in a separate pan. Fry them crisp and brown.
* Use paper towel to remove excess oil.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
This is one of my favorite recipe. Growing up on Iloilo City, paksiw and pinamalhan is a very common recipe. And to make it even more sumptuous, another step is required, and that is frying.
With this recipe, I added quite a few spices to make the paksiw even tastier. It would also taste great if you fry it crisp and brown. You can use other dips if you want to.
If you have further questions about this recipe, drop me a message. I’ll get bak to you as soon as I can.
Watch how to prepare Fried Paksiw Fish here: