Here’s one sweet and sour recipe that you might want to add to your recipe list. We will be using the ever popular galunggong fish to make this. It’s certainly easy and you can bring the galunggong to the next level. You can even serve this on any special occasion at home.
Here’s how to cook Galunggong Sweet and Sour Patties:
1 pc Carrot (shredded)
1 medium sized Red Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Green Onion (chopped)
1 medium sized White Onion (cubed)
2 Bell Peppers (red and greed, cubed)
3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 cup Vinegar
1 cup Brown Sugar
200g Pineapple Tidbits
1/2 cup Pineapple Tidbits Juice
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 cup Cornstarch
1 tbsp Cornstarch (diluted in water)
- Clean the fish, remove gills and guts. Rub them with some salt.
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pan. Fry the fish until brown. Set aside and let them cool.
- Shred the fish meat. Make sure no bones are left.
- Put the shredded fish in a bowl, add in the carrot, onion and green onions. Mix.
- Then add in the egg and the cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper. Mix properly.
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pan, then form the fish mixture into patties. Fry the patties until brown. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, pour in the vinegar, pineapple tidbits juice, brown sugar, white onions, garlic and bell peppers. Let it boil before stirring. Then add in the tomato paste, season with salt and pepper.
- Then add in the soy sauce and the pineapple tidbits.
- To thicken the sauce, you can pour in about a tablespoon of cornstrach diluted in water.
- Place the patties in a plate and pour in the sweet and sour sauce on top.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
I’ve got this idea of making a sweet and sour patty out of galunggong and it turned out really well. So I’m sharing this with everyone. You might also want to add carrots to the sweet and sour sauce if you want to.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: