You definitely have tasted this before but you just don’t have much idea on how to prepare it. It’s time for you to know how to cook a delicious Ginataang Bagongon with Gabi. The combination of bagongon, coconut milk and gabi will definitely make you break your diet plans. The process is not that complicated, though you need to make sure that you prepare the bagongon right.
Here’s how to cook Ginataang Bagongon with Gabi:
2 pcs. Taro/Gabi
300g Gabi Leaves
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 inch sized Ginger (sliced)
1 tbsp. Shrimp Paste
3 cups Coconut Milk
- Wash and clean the bagongon. Use a brush to brush off some dirt and mud.
- Then using the back of the knife, cut the bottom tip of the bagongon. (see the video on how it’s done). Set them aside.
- In a pot, saute some onion, garlic and ginger. Then add in the bagongon. Pour in just 1 cup of coconut milk. And add the shrimp paste. Mix and cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the gabi. Cover and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer.
- Add in the gabi leaves. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is one of the best dish that my mother will prepare every time she sees bagongon being sold in the market. So it has been my favorite ever since. That’s why when I went to the market and saw a bagongon vendor, I decided to prepare this dish for everyone.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: