This is one of the monggo recipes that you will certainly never forget. If you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish to prepare, Ginataang Monggo with Langka at Dilis is one of your best options. Instead of using pork, used dilis (anchovies) to make it less fatty.
Here’s how to cook Ginataang Monggo with Langka at Dilis:
3/4 cups Monggo Beans (Mung Beans)
1 cup Dried Dilis (Anchovies) (head and innards removed)
1 cup Unripe Jackfruit (cut into smaller sizes)
3/4 cups Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Fish Sauce
1 medium sized Onion
3 cloves Garlic
2 medium sized Tomatoes
1 cup Chicken Broth
1. Boil water in a pot. Cook washed munggo beans for about 20-30 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a separate pot, heat canola oil and sauté onion, garlic and tomatoes.
3. Add the dilis and sauté for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Pour in the cooked munggo beans. Add the chicken broth.
5. Add in the unripe jackfruit. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for another 3 minutes.
7. Pour in the coconut milk and the kamote leaves. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Here’s one monggo or munggo recipe that I love. But instead of using pork, I used anchovies because I want the healthier version. But you can always use pork, beef or whatever you want. Also, added unripe jackfruit to give more texture to the dish.
If you have any questions about this, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Ginataang Monggo with Langka at Dilis: