Holy week is coming. And since most of you are saying no to meat, here’s one good recipe that you can prepare at home. Bring your galunggong to the next level. The combination of coconut milk and vinegar will make your mouth water. You can try this today!
Here’s how to cook Ginataang Paksiw na Galunggong:
1kg Galunggong (Roundscad Fish)
3/4 cup Vinegar
1 cup Water
1 cup Coconut Cream
1 pc. large sized Eggplant (thin rectagular slice)
3 pcs. Tomatoes
1 pc. Red Onion
4 cloves Garlic
1 thumb sized Ginger (thinly sliced)
1 stalk Green onions
3 fresh Chilies
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1. Place eggplant slice at at the bottom of the pot. Add the tomatoes, ginger and onions.
2. Add the fish and arrange them properly.
3. Place another set of ginger, onions, tomatoes and eggplant at the top of the fish.
4. Add garlic, green onions, fresh chilies, crushed peppercorns, soy sauce and salt.
5. Pour in the vinegar and water. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
6. Add the coconut milk. Let it simmer in a low heat for another 5 minutes.
7. Add on the pechay leaves. Cover for about a minute.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
For me, adding coconut milk to paksiw is such a great idea. It gives a different delicious taste to the fish. So you’ll have a special dish to prepare for your family. Adding some fresh chilies will seal the deal and you’ll definitely ask for more rice!
If you have questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Ginataang Paksiw na Galunggong: