It’s this time of the year. Holy Week is fast approaching, and you are probably looking for some recipes to prepare. Since we need to have a little break with pork and other meat dishes, here’s one recipe you can try. Winged beans or locally called sigarilyas is such a healthy vegetable. Thus, you will never regret preparing this dish. We will be adding some coconut milk and dilis into to make it tastier.
Here’s how to cook Ginataang Sigarilyas with Dilis:
300g Winged Beans (Sigarilyas)
100g Dried Dilis (Anchovies)
1.5 Cup Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Fish Sauce
1 medium sized Onions (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 inch Ginger (sliced)
- Wash and clean the winged beans. Cut off both tips and slice them into serving sizes. Set them aside.
- Then make sure to removed the head and the gut of the dried dilis. That is to make sure that your dish won’t taste bitter. Set them aside.
- In a pan, heat the cooking oil and saute onion, garlic and ginger. Then add in the dried dilis. Cook for about 5 minutes or until they turn slightly brown.
- Add in the winged beans. Pour in about a cup of water. Cover and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and season it with fish sauce, salt and pepper.
- Let it cook for another 5 minutes or until the coconut milk starts to reduce.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Since I saw a lot of sigarilyas in the market, I thought it would be great to make this recipe especially it’s summer and Holy Week celebration is just around the corner.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us to our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: