If you are an Ilonggo, you definitely one of those who are craving for this dish. Tambo with gata, crabs and shrimp will make you drool. Tambo, labong, bamboo shoots, whatever you call it, this is one dish that’s worth a try. The combination of shredded bamboo shoots, coconut milk, crabs and shrimps will make you crave for it even more. If you already miss this, read on and learn how to cook it.
Here’s how to cook Ginataang Tambo (Labong) (Bamboo Shoots in Coconut milk):
500g Shredded Bamboo Shoots (a.k.a.Tambo,Labong)
1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
4 pcs. Medium Sized Crabs
100g Small Sized Shrimps
6 Pcs. Okra
1 tsp. Ginger
1 Medium Sized Onion
4 cloves Garlic
1. Put a good amount of water in a pot. Boil tambo for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a separate pot, sauté onion and garlic. Add in the ginger too.
3. Add in the cooked tambo.
4. Pour in a good amount of water. Enough to cover the tambo. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the crabs and the shrimps. Cover for about 3 minutes.
6. Add in the okra. Then the coconut milk. Set the fire on low. Cover and simmer for about 2 minutes.
7. Lastly, add in the tagabang. Cover for about a minute.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is one of my childhood favorites. I was craving for it for weeks now and I decided to share it to everyone. I know some of you already missed this dish, so probably it’s time for you to prepare it at home.
If you have any question, please drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Ginataang Tambo/Labong (Bamboo Shoots in Coconut milk) here: