If you are looking for a special pork recipe that you can prepare for your family, this ground pork hardinera should be one of your options. Although the original version uses kasim or pigue, this one is as delicious. It requires several ingredients but it’s worth it.
Here’s how to cook ground pork hardinera:
600g Ground Pork
300g Mixed Veggies
5 pcs Chicken Hotdogs (diced)
250g Tomato Sauce
2 pcs Bell Peppers (finely chopped)
2 cups Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Cheese (grated)
257g Pineapple Tidbits
179g Pineapple Slices
1/2 cup Raisins
1/2 cup Pickle Relish
1 small can Liver Spread
1 tbsp. Fish Sauce
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Onion (chopped)
5 Eggs (2 hard-boiled, 1 beaten, 2 added on the mixture)
- In a pan, heat some oil, saute onion and garlic. Then add in the ground pork. Cook until it turns brown.
- Add in the mixed veggies, then season with salt, pepper and fish sauce.
- Add in the bell peppers and pour in the tomato sauce. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. Set aside and drain excess oil.
- Put in the pork mixture in a bowl. Add in all the other ingredients. Chicken hotdogs, raisins, pickle relish, pineapple tidbits, bread crumbs, liver spread, cheese, and 2 eggs. Mix well.
- In a lanera, place one pineapple slice and two slices of hard-boiled eggs. Pour in some beaten eggs.
- Then scoop in a good amount of pork mixture in the lanera. Finish it up by pouring some more beaten eggs on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Boil a good amount of water in a steamer then steam the pork mixture for about 20 minutes.
- When cooked, set aside, let it cool before removing from the lanera.
Note from Ren:
You will never regret trying this recipe out at home. It’s definitely delicious. Just a tip, at times the pork mixture may tend to stick at the bottom of the lanera. So you might want to brush the lanera with some oil beforehand.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this recipe, just comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: