This is definitely something new for everyone. Tried this recipe once and I realized it’s worth sharing. This Ham & Cheese Eggplant dish simply shows that we have a lot of things to do with eggplant. This is one healthy snack that you and your family can munch.
Here’s how to cook Ham & Cheese Eggplant:
2 pcs. medium sized Talong (Eggplant)
1. Prepare the eggplant. Cut both ends, removing the tip and the stalk. Cut into three parts, creating three small logs. Using a sharp knife, cut the skin on two opposite sides. Then create three slits to create two pockets. (see video for the actual process).
2. Soak the eggplant in a bowl of water to avoid discoloration.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
4. Slice the cheese and the ham, around 1 x 0.5 inch or same length as that of the eggplant.
5. Take out the eggplant, then put cheese on one slit and ham on the other. (see video for details)
6. Roll the eggplant on the breadcrumbs, then soak it on the beaten eggs, and roll it back on the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process.
7. Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a pan. Make sure to set the fire to LOW (breadcrumbs burn easily) to avoid burning. Fry the eggplant roll on all side, including the top and the bottom part until brown.
8. Serve with a delicious dip of your choice.
Ready and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
This is one healthy and delicious snack you can prepare. Also, make sure to use just a little amount of vegetable oil when frying to make it healthier. And I cannot stress more to fry in a very low heat or you can bake it if you want.
If you have any question about this dish, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Other Healthy Recipes to try:
- Tortang Talong with Beef Giniling (Eggplant Omelette with Ground Beef)
- Ginataang Paksiw na Galunggong
Watch how to cook Ham and Cheese Eggplant here: