For those who are watching their diet and giving up some food for some health reasons, you might want to try this Healthy Ginataan Oats. Instead of using rice or glutinous rice, we will be using oats to make our favorite ginataan recipe. So it’s going to be a guilt-free and healthy dessert to try.
Here’s how to cook Healthy Ginataan Oats:
1 cup Oats
1 cup Small Tapioca Pearls (Sago)
4 pieces Banana (Plantain) (diced)
4 pieces Sweet Potato (diced)
1 1/2 Coconut Milk
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Fresh Coconut Meat
1. Boil the tapioca pearls for about 45 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
2. In a different pot, add about 4 cups of water. Bring to boil and add the bananas and sweet potatoes. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Add in the oats, then the cooked tapioca pearls.
4. Pour in the brown sugar and add the coconut meat. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes.
5. Lastly, pour in the coconut milk. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes with occasional stirring.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is probably something new for everyone. But I tell you, it’s worth a try. It’s even more tasty when you eat it cold or chilled.
If you have questions or suggestions, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Healthy Recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Healthy Ginataan Oats here: