If you are looking for a healthy yet a delicious recipe that you can serve for you family that even the kids will love it, you can try this Healthy Kalabasa Lumpia recipe. So instead of using meat, we will be using kalabasa, fish and malunggay leaves for our lumpia stuffing. So it’s going to be one healthy lumpira recipe.
Here’s how to cook Healthy Kalabasa Lumpia:
500g Mackerel (or any fish of your choice)
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/4 thumb sized Ginger (finely chopped)
250g Squash (strips)
1/2 cup Malunggay Leaves
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- Clean the fish, remove gills and guts. Using a knife slice off the meat then shred. Make sure no bones left. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat some oil, saute onion, garlic and ginger. Add in the fish and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then add in the squash. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Then season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Finally add the malunggay leaves. Cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside and let it cool.
- Place a lumpia wrapper in a board. Scoop a good amount of mixture and put on the edge of the wrapper. Roll and seal the lumpia.
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pan, fry the lumpia until golden brown.
Serve with some Atsara. (See atsara recipe here)
Note from Delish:
I just thought that kalabasa, fish and malunggay can be a good stuffing for lumpia. I tried it the first time and it was a hit. It’s healthy and guilt-free kind of lumpia. You can even let your kids eat malunggay without them actually knowing it.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop your comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: