Coco jam is one delicious spread that Filipinos definitely love. Even before those expensive sandwich spreads came to the country, we already enjoy this sweet custard. Now it’s time for you to make your own at home. It’s not as hard as you think it is. This one is a simple yet delicious version of coco jam.
Here’s how to cook Coco Jam:
2 cans Coconut Milk (400ml)
1 cup Muscovado Sugar
1 tbsp. Pandan Extract (liquid flavor)
1. Heat a pan in low heat and put the muscovado sugar. Stir constantly until it starts to caramelize.
2. Pour in the coconut milk. The caramelized sugar will become hard, so slowly stir everything in until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. It requires constant stirring until you get the right coco jam texture.
4. Remove from fire and let cool. Store in a jar.
5. It’s a perfect spread for any kind of bread.
Note from Delish:
I love coco jam, that’s why I really wanted to know how to make one at home. So I’m sharing this recipe with you. Some people may want to add egg, but I’d rather make mine simple. To add more aroma, I just added pandan extract, liquid flavor.
You can also chill it to make the jam thicker.
If you have questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to make Coco Jam here:
[wpedon id=”1537″ align=”center”]